44 Journaling Prompts that Will Help You Live an Intentional Daily Life (+ Free Planner and Journal)
Before you grab a journal and sit down with a cup of coffee, I think it’s so important to have journaling prompts ready.
Don’t get me wrong, journaling about whatever is on your mind can definitely be helpful, it’s good to get out of your head. But I think it’s also great to have prompts when journaling so that you can be intentional in the ways you want to grow and the changes you want to see in yourself and around yourself.
So whether you want to see yourself in a more positive way, work towards changing habits, or see your future as something hopeful and beautiful, then having a journal prompts list is probably what you’ll need.
You’re able to do so much in your life! You just need a bit of help organizing your thoughts and moving forward. I hope these journal prompt ideas help you out. ❤️
PS – Oh also, there’s a free printable planner and journal at the bottom, enjoy! 🙂
But first, what are journaling prompts?
Journaling prompts are helpful questions or the first line that gets you started on an intentional thought process.
Think of them as guides in helping you make the most of your journaling experience and pulling out deeper thoughts and feelings from within.
They’re also great for helping you figure out how you want to fix or change different things in your life. They challenge you to think about things you wouldn’t normally process in your daily life.
Basically, journaling prompts take you from living a life where you’re just drifting, to living an intentional well-planned life.
They get you thinking, they challenge you, and they help you create helpful plans for making change.
So what’s the best way to use these journaling prompts?
Journaling prompts are best used when you’re sitting in a quiet and relaxed space, ready to focus solely on making yourself and your life better.
You really want to go into this with the mindset that change can and will happen. That you have the ability to make changes in your life, and if roadblocks happen, you’ll figure out how to get around them.
Also, even though I listed 44 journaling prompts for you to use, I think it’s important to know that it’s ok for you to add your own! You don’t have to just stick with my ideas. If you think of another prompt after doing one of mine, then that’s great! Or if you have a better prompt then any of the ones I have down below, then that’s perfectly fine.
This is all about you and creating a life that you love. ❤️
Related: 102+ Positive Morning Affirmations You Can Use Every Day + Free Planner
Positive Affirmation Prompts
1. What am I good at?
2. What do I have control over?
3. What makes me powerful?
4. Why should I have a voice?
5. Why do my needs matter?
6. What kind of person do I want to be to others?
7. Am I capable of changing and healing?
8. How do I want to feel about myself?
9. What am I grateful for about myself?
10. What people am I grateful for in my life?
11. What am I grateful for that happened yesterday?
12. What happened today that I am grateful for?
13. What are some good memories that I am thankful for?
14. What are some ways people have blessed me?
15. What are some things that went right this week?
16. What are some things that went right this year?
17. Are there upcoming events that I’m grateful for?
18. Are there achievements/accomplishments I’m grateful for?
19. What are 3 habits I want to change?
20. What are 3 new habits I want to replace them with?
21. What are 3 new habits I want to incorporate in general?
22. Are there new habits I could grow in for my mental health?
23. Are there new habits I could grow in for my physical health?
24. Are there old habits I could get rid of that are causing me stress?
25. Are there new habits I could grow in that would help me get rid of stress?
26. Are there old habits that are pushing people away?
27. Are there new habits that could help me get closer to others?
28. What are 3 things that stress me out daily? What can I do to get rid of them?
29. What are 3 things that stress me out weekly? What can I do to get rid of them?
30. What are 3 things that stress me out monthly? What can I do to get rid of them?
31. What are 3 things that stress me out yearly? What can I do to get rid of them?
32. Are there stressors at my workplace? Who can I talk to so that I can get rid of them?
33. Do I need a new job? What can I do to make time for looking for a new one?
34. Are there people in my life causing me stress? Can I set boundaries with them or do I need to stop talking to them?
35. What are 3 problems I’ve been ignoring because they cause me stress? What can I do to quickly (or as fast as possible) eliminate them?
36. Where do I want to see myself in 1 year?
37. Where do I want to see myself in 5 years?
38. Where do I want to see myself in 10 years?
39. Who do I want to be in 1 year?
40. What thoughts do I want to have about myself in 1 year?
41. What kind of friends do I want to have in 1 year?
42. What kind of relationship do I want to have in 1 year (new or existing)?
43. What habits do I want to see changed in a year?
44. What good habits do I want to see in myself in a year?
The Free Gratitude Planner & Journal
I really want to help you on your journey to becoming a more grateful and happier you, and I thought that it might be a good idea to give you something that might help.
So I created 120+ page Gratitude Planner & Journal where you can change the way you think + have space to practice your new journal prompts!
Side Note: Just make sure to use the discount code: FREEGRATITUDE
I hope these journal prompts helped you out! Also, what are some of your favorite journaling prompts? Let me know in the comments down below. ❤️
PS – Here are 5 Simple Self-Care Ideas I Think You Should Do This Week. 🙂