New beginning quotes are like your best friend.
They basically help remind you that no, you’re not a loser who can’t get it together.
But you do deserve better…
Also, I really do believe that you deserve to level up in every part of your life. It’s something I like writing on, and helping you with. 🙂
And if I can help you change how you see new beginnings, and encourage you to make the changes you need, then I’m all for it. 👌
So feel free to use these quotes to challenge the way you see your current situation.
You’re not meant to wake up each day, already exhausted before it begins.
So let’s level up your life, use these new beginning quotes to help you mindset, and make things just a bit better each day! ♥️
More Good Reading:
New Beginning Quotes
1. “Every moment is a chance to start new.” – Anonymous
2. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
3. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset. Every sunrise begins with new eyes.” – Richie Norton
4. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
5. “If you want to lead an incredible life, then you need to have more beginnings than endings.”
6. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Possibly Lao Tzu (true origin unknown)
7. “That last page turned is a perfect excuse to write a whole new book.” – Toni Sorenson
8. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” – L.M. Montgomery
10. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
11. “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
12. “The beginning is always today.” – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
13. “Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.” – Desmond Tutu
14. “You have what it takes to make this new beginning the best it can be!” – Anonymous
15. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.”
– William Arthur Ward
16. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” – Josiyah Martin
17. “New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” – Auliq Ice
18. “You must learn to stop thinking in terms of beginnings and endings, successes and failures, and begin to treat everything in your life as a learning experience instead of a proving one.” – Guy Finley
19. “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
20. “New beginnings can be the start of some incredible adventures.” – Anonymous
21. “No matter how hard your past might have been, you should always strive to try and start again.” – Anonymous
22. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
23. “No one can ever take your memories from you – each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day.” – Catherine Pulsifer
24. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” – Will Smith
25. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “It’s a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day?” – Mel Gibson
27. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
28. “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
29. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
30. “All great beginnings start in the dark when the moon greets you to a new day at midnight.” – Shannon L. Alder
31. “If you see the chance for a new beginning, take it. Don’t wait, just run with it.” – Anonymous
32. “The first step to getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
33. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
34. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
35. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
– C.S. Lewis
36. “The first step towards change is awareness, the second step is acceptance.” – Nathaniel Branden
37. “The best time for new beginnings is now.” – Anonymous
38. “Every new beginning comes from the beginnings end.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
39. “Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can-.” – Joel Osteen
40. “Start your new beginning by learning with joy, not despair.” – Anonymous
41. “This new beginning might not be so bad. In fact, it might be the best thing that’s happened to you yet.” – Anonymous
42. “New beginnings can’t be helped, but you can help how you react to them.” – Anonymous
43. “The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you’ve come.” – Bangtan Boys, Butterfly
44. “A new beginning is perhaps the most powerful time for motivation.” – Unknown
45. “Don’t fight this new beginning, allow it to shape and mold you, and make you into the better version of yourself.”
46. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
47. “To begin, begin.” – William Wordsworth
48. “If you find yourself at the start of a new beginning, don’t feel discouraged. It’s your moment to write a new story.” – Grace
49. “You are worthy of better things, so take hold of that new beginning. It’s time to start creating a life you love.” – Anonymous
50. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
51. “Life is an endless process of self-discovery.” – James Gardner
52. “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” – Alan Cohen
53. “The past can’t be changed, but the future is yet in your power.” – Unknown
54. “Life is a progress, and not a station.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
55. “New beginnings are beautiful, never overlook them.” – Anonymous
56. “Each day has the opportunity to be a new beginning.”
57. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” – Bob Saget
58. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “While change can be painful, it can also be amazingly beautiful.” – Anonymous
60. “Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.” – Douglas Pagels
61. “If you don’t see an opening for a new beginning, make one.” – Anonymous
62. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
63. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
64. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
65. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.”
– Richard Branson
66. “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
67. “I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the world.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
68. “Every day is a chance to begin again. Don’t focus on the failures of yesterday, start today with positive thoughts and expectations.” – Catherine Pulsifer
69. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
70. “No matter how much it hurts now, someday you will look back and realize your struggles changed your life for the better.” – Unknown
71. “The first step to getting what you want is to have the courage to get rid of what you don’t.” – Zig Ziglar
72. “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun!” – C. Joybell C.
73. “Every morning brings new potential, but if you dwell on the misfortunes of the day before, you tend to overlook tremendous opportunities.” – Harvey Mackay
74. “The first step can be the hardest, but it’s a journey you need to take.” – Anonymous
75. “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?”
– Vincent Van Gogh
76. “Starting over can be the scariest thing in the entire world, whether it’s leaving a lover, a school, a team, a friend, or anything else that feels like a core part of our identity but when your gut is telling you that something here isn’t right or feels unsafe, I really want you to listen and trust in that voice.” – Jennifer Elisabeth
77. “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.” – Louis L’Amour
78. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Michael McMillan
79. “A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
80. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” – Juansen Dizon
81. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
82. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” – Robin Sharma
83. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
84. “The first step is the hardest, but it almost always leads to incredible opportunities.” – Anonymous
85. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.”
– Meister Eckhart
86. “What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
87. “A time comes when you need to stop waiting for the man you want to become and start being the man you want to be.” – Bruce Springsteen
88. “Look at what can be, not what could have been.” – Anonymous
89. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
90. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
91. “Look for new beginnings; they’re in every moment.” – Anonymous
92. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – Bob Goff
93. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
94. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
95. “Be willing to get rid of the life you had planned, for something so much better.”
96. “A new day is alwasy a new beginning. A great chance to turn things around.” – Unknown
97. “Treat everyday as new beginning, and look at what can be. The opportunities will multiply.” – Anonymous
98. “What held you back before, can be what motivates and pushes you to start something new.” – Anonymous
99. “The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect, as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your life. You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose.” – Arnold Bennett
100. “You are never too old to start over. Every day is a chance to make changes to create the life we want.” – Karon Waddell
How to Use These New Beginning Quotes for Your Fresh Start
I think that one of the most important things you can do right now, is to create a quick plan around using these new beginnings quotes.
Because it can be so easy to just read a few quotes, get inspired, and then forget about them the next day.
(I’ve done that so many times 😬)
So here are some ways you can use them to help you with your fresh start:
- Use one quote from this list to change how you think each day: I think it’s important to have a daily focus. Something that can help shape and change how you think and act throughout the day. A way of thinking that will help you get to the life you want, and not lose focus.
- Start pairing them with affirmations: Whether you’re going through a hard time in your life, or you just want to see some change, it’s always great to pair helpful quotes with other tools. And positive affirmations are a great way to change how you think about yourself, and your circumstances. They’re a great way to help empower you in almost any situation.
- Look up the bios of some of the people from the quotes above: You’d be surprised with what some of the people I quoted above, actually went through. It’s a great way of inspiring yourself to push forward, and know that you’re not alone. Also, you get to adopt some of the positive habits and beliefs that these people did. 🙂
- Use these quotes about new beginnings for specific goals: If there’s something specific you’re trying to achieve in your life, find a quote that works well with it. Look through the list above, are there quotes that could pair great for a change/goal in your life?
You Might Also Like:
New Beginning FAQ
If you are at a place where you’re considering beginning new, or want to make the most of a fresh, then here are some helpful questions answered. 🙂
A new beginning means that you are seeing changes happen in your life, and you are deciding to make the most of them. You’re not going to let them discourage you, but accept that better things can come out of the change.
Also, you’re taking care of your future self by looking at what you could have done better, and altering beliefs and actions to make the most of the new beginning.
Whether it’s a friend or a family member going through a new beginning, here are some things you can say:
1. “You’re making a big change in your life; you are incredibly strong and courageous.”
2. “You’re going to make it through this, and I’m going to be supporting you each step of the way.”
3. “Don’t forget why you started, you’re worth living a life that you love!”
1. Look at what you know you could have done better, and change any beliefs, habits, and actions that don’t support this change.
2. Get rid of any toxic friends, and surround yourself with a supportive community.
3. Create a clear vision of what you want this change to look like. Maybe make a vision board.
4. Start writing out goals, and the steps needed to achieve them.
5. Look at all of your comfort zones, make a list of them, and push yourself to get out of them (even if it’s just a little bit).
6. Counseling can also be a great way to help you move forward!
A new beginning is important because it challenges you to take the parts of your life you’re unhappy with, and change them for the better. It’s taking care of your future self, and making sure that they’re happy in 2, 5, or even 20 years down the road. You can do this!
New beginning can be hard because you don’t always know what the right first step is, or how things are going to look in the near (or far) future. There’s uncertainty. And that’s why it’s so important to make sure you’re surrounded by healthy friends and family, and getting clear on meaningful life goals.
You are SO worthy of a better life, and a fresh start. And I really hope that these new beginning quotes helped encourage you to do just that!
I know it can be scary at times, but you’re going to make it, and you’re going to be so much happier than when you started. ♥️
PS – What are your favorite quotes for a new beginning? I might just add them!