We all go through difficult times in our lives, and it can be seriously discouraging and overwhelming.
And especially when it feels like we’re all alone.
It can feel like no one sees us or gets what we’re experiencing.
But thankfully, those moments and those seasons of life do change and get better as we choose to grow.
Also, there are many tools we can use to get through difficult times in life.
- Doing positive affirmations.
- Practicing journaling prompts.
- Doing self-care.
- Learning how to make friends who will actually be there for you.
- Creating a vision board.
And among these tools, quotes on positivity can help as well!
So once you’ve gathered enough things in your life that can help you be more positive, you’ll be able to see more solutions, and ways of growing and becoming a new person.
Also, in a study, it was shown that the immune systems of people who found optimistic ways of thinking during difficulties were benefited!
I feel like this is important to bring up since how we handle difficult times doesn’t just affect our mindsets or the outcome, it can also affect our health.
So many more things than we realize are affected by how we think.
So try using things like these positive quotes to help you get through challenges, and do it in the best way possible. ♥️
200 Quotes on Positivity
1. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
2. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
3. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
4. “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.” – Pat Riley
5. “You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “One small positive thought can change your whole day.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
8. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
9. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
10. “You make a life out of what you have, not what you’re missing.” – Kate Morton, The Forgotten Garden
11. “There is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.” – Amanda Gorman
12. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
13. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
14. “Say something positive, and you’ll see something positive.” – Jim Thompson
15. “If you can stay positive in a negative situation, you win.” – Unknown
16. “If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
17. “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.” – Carl Rogers
18. “Every day brings new choices.” – Martha Beck
19. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
20. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
21. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
22. “Stay positive. Better days are on their way.” – Unknown
23. “You are worth so much more than to live a life you hate.” – Grace Moser
24. “Don’t give up, I promise you, this won’t last forever.” – Anonymous
25. “Don’t listen to any voice that holds you back from a beautiful future.” – Anonymous
26. “I think anything is possible if you have the mindset and the will and desire to do it and put the time in.” – Roger Clemens
27. “Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan
28. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Archbishop Desmond Tutu
29. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
30. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
31. “I dwell in possibility.” – Emily Dickinson
32. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
33. “We can’t just hope for a brighter day, we have to work for a brighter day. Love too often gets buried in a world of hurt and fear. And we have to work to dig it out so we can share it with our family, our friends, and our neighbors.” – Dolly Parton
34. “You are strong enough to make it through this storm.” – Anonymous
35. “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
36. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
37. “You know you can always help to make each day a special day by just your being yourself. You grow in your own way; everyone does. That’s one reason each one of us is different and special and people can like us exactly as we are.” – Fred Rogers
38. “Each day provides its own gifts.” – Marcus Aurelius
39. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive.” – Maya Angelou
40. “There are years that ask questions and years that answer.” – Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God
41. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Thomas S. Monson
42. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
43. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – Les Brown
44. “Inhale, exhale, it is well, it is well. All of this is a part of the story you will tell.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
45. “At first people refuse to believe that a strange new thing can be done, then they begin to hope it can be done, then they see it can be done—then it is done and all the world wonders why it was not done centuries ago.” – Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
46. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.” – Deep Roy
47. “Each of us is more than the worst thing we’ve ever done.” – Bryan Stevenson, Just Mercy
48. “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
49. “Pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
50. “Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.” – Bono
51. “Every day may not be good… but there’s something good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
52. “Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.” – Colin Powell
53. “Your thoughts control a whole lot more than you know.” – Anonymous
54. “Don’t underestimate how powerful your negative thoughts are; they need to be plucked out.” – Anonymous
55. “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.” – Pat Riley
56. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
57. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
58. “Thou must gather thine own sunshine.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
59. “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.” – Jon Acuff
60. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
61. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
62. “It is not enough to have a good mind; the important thing is to use it well.” – Rene Descartes
63. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
64. “Walk to your goal firmly and with bold steps.” – Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
65. “People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?” – Thich Nhat Hanh
66. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
67. “The moment where you doubt you can fly, you cease for ever being able to do it.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
68. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The Sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
69. “Just for the record darling, not all positive change feels positive in the beginning.” – S. C. Lourie
70. “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.” – Robert H. Schuller
71. “Lay plans for something big by starting with it when small.” – Lao Tzu
72. 31. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
73. “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” – Wolfgang Riebe
74. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
75. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
76. “It’s a wonderful thing to be optimistic. It keeps you healthy and it keeps you resilient.” – Daniel Kahneman
77. “You always pass failure on the way to success.” – Mickey Rooney
78. “It’s how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success.” – David Feherty
79. “You were not put on this world to just exist.” – Anonymous
80. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
81. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
82. “When you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worth while.” –Lucy Maud Montgomery
83. “You have more than what it takes to push to the other side.” – Anonymous
84. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
85. “What we think, we become.” – Buddha
86. “Do anything, but let it produce joy.” – Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
87. “Whoever is happy will make others happy too.” – Anne Frank
88. “Do you see all those things you want in life? They’re just on the other side of fear.” – Anonymous
89. “I know it’s hard now, but don’t give up. Now doesn’t last forever.” – Anonymous
90. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
91. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
92. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
93. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
94. “Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.” – Rosa Parks
95. “Use each day to change the circumstances you’re in. Small steps lead to big changes.” – Anonymous
96. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
97. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – H.Jackson Brown Jr
98. “That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.” – Simone de Beauvoir
99. “Jump in with both feet and be brave.” – Sujit Choudhry
100. “Do you hear that negative voice in your head saying you can’t do it? It’s a lie.” – Anonymous
101. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
102. “Once you face your fear, nothing is ever as hard as you think.” – Olivia Newton-John
103. “I want to reach my potential, impact my world, and leave a legacy.” – Seth Buechley
104. “You rarely win, but sometimes you do.” – Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
105. “I don’t care how many times you fail. Keep going until you win.” – Anonymous
106. “Today is a good day to try.” – Quasimodo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
107. “I believe great people do things before they are ready.” – Amy Poehler, Yes Please
108. “I’ve got nothing to do today but smile.” – Simon and Garfunkel
109. “We will fail when we fail to try.” – Rosa Parks
110. “Believe in possibilities bigger than what you’ve experienced, and you will see things start to change in your actions.” – Anonymous
111. “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” – Langston Hughes
112. “Make your life matter and have fun doing it.” – Aaron Hurst
113. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
114. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” – Dalai Lama
115. “Attitude is the ‘little’ thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
116. “Imagine this: What would happen if we were all brave enough to believe in our own ability, to be a little more ambitious? I think the world would change.” – Reese Witherspoon
117. “Put the work in today so that you can have a better tomorrow.” – Anonymous
118. “Surround yourself with positive people.” – Rod Rohrich
119. “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane von Furstenberg
120. “Do what you need to do today so that you’re not regretting where you are in five years from now.” – Anonymous
121. “For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” – Michelle Obama, Becoming
122. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
123. “The joy of life is becoming a person you are proud of.” – Bill Orender
124. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: We have the power to imagine better.” – J.K. Rowling
125. “It’s so hard right now, but I promise you, there is a way out of this. You just need to look and it will be found.” – Anonymous
126. “Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.” – Mia Hamm
127. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” – Charles Dickens
128. “My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” – Jack Layton
129. “Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit.” – Helena Rubinstein
130. “Don’t allow what others say to determine what you will do with your life.” – Anonymous
131. “In a year from now, you will be so happy you started today.” – Anonymous
132. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
133. “When you realize how precious and fragile life is, it changes your whole perspective.” – Ryan O’Donnell
134. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
135. “I know you’re feeling exhausted right now, but don’t give up on you. You deserve a better future.” – Anonymous
136. “The next choice is the most important choice.” – George Wells
137. “The bad times don’t last forever. You are strong enough to reach sunnier days.” – Anonymous
138. “Remember: things can be bad, and getting better.” – Hans Rosling
139. “When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple.” – Paulo Coelho
140. “We may not have hit the peak yet, but we are on the journey up.” – Brian Nhira
141. “Look to where you are going and that will be your light.” – Anonymous
142. “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.” – Angela Davis
143. “Keep your eye on the future and where you want to go, things will become much more clear.” – Anonymous
144. “Do good and good will come to you.” – Adam Lowy
145. “Take the first step.” – Darius Fisher
146. “Make a determination that you will live your purpose today.” – Daniel Budzinski
147. “I know it may seem hard right now, but simpler happier days are coming if you continue to persevere.” – Anonymous
148. “Recognize what you have inside you.” – Eric Pulier
149. “Stay on the path of change, you will become the person you wish your parents were.” – Anonymous
150. “It is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.” – HRM Queen Elizabeth II
151. “Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action truly brings you closer to your dreams.” – Brad Sugars
152. “Generations will change when you choose to change the mindsets that have held you back.” – Anonymous
153. “Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain.” – Matt Haig
154. “Change what your ancestors refused to look at and you will become the pivot your family needed.” – Anonymous
155. “Don’t forget the person your younger self always wanted to be. Don’t let your younger self down.” – Anonymous
156. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
157. “We don’t have to do all of it alone. We were never meant to.” – Brené Brown
158. “I know it’s hard to get out of bed right now, but you can do it. You are stronger than your emotions.” – Anonymous
159. “Don’t overlook your successes, see them as a way to understand how you can succeed again and again.” – Anonymous
160. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” – John Green
161. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
162. “Some men see things as they are and say why—I dream things that never were and say why not.” – George Bernard Shaw
163. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
164. “Change what your parents didn’t want to work on, make a better life for yourself.” – Anonymous
165. “These present moments don’t define you. How you respond to them will.” – Anonymous
166. “You are bigger than the emotions you are feeling, you can take control.” – Anonymous
167. “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.” – David Hogg
168. “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” –Buckminster Fuller
169. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
170. “It’s not scary to go after your dreams. What’s scary is forgetting about them.” – Anonymous
171. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese ProverbChinese Proverb
172. “Don’t forget about yourself and the dreams you’ve had, you are worth remembering.” – Anonymous
173. “I have learned not to allow rejection to move me.” – Cicely Tyson
174. “One day or day one. It’s your choice.” – Unknown
175. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
176. “I think you are worth fighting for. You are worthy of seeing better days.” – Anonymous
177. “Don’t lose yourself in the everyday, see everyday as an opportunity to make a better future.” – Anonymous
178. “Just for the record darling, not all positive change feels positive in the beginning.” – S.C. Lourie
179. “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.” –Confucius
180. “It’s going to get better, you just need to hold on a little bit longer.” – Anonymous
181. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
182. “Even if I don’t reach all my goals, I’ve gone higher than I would have if I hadn’t set any.” – Danielle Fotopoulis
183. “I can’t change the world but I can change the world in me.” – Bono
184. “I don’t care what others have told you or what you think about yourself, you should be living a life you want to exist in.” – Anonymous
185. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
186. “Imagine where you want to be in a year from now, and find the steps to get there.” – Anonymous
187. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne
188. “We are imperfect creatures. We are; that’s what it is. But we should try reaching for the better you, the better me.” – Sidney Poitier
189. “Don’t keep on imagining the worst, it doesn’t help you.” – Anonymous
190. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” – Unknown
191. “Forget about your past and failures, start thinking about your future and success.” – Anonymous
192. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
193. “Don’t focus on what you don’t have, see what you’re good at and expand from there.” – Anonymous
194. “Change is made of choices, and choices are made of character.” – Amanda Gorman
195. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
196. “You can’t rely on how you look to sustain you, what sustains us, what is fundamentally beautiful is compassion; for yourself and for those around you.” – Lupita Nyong’o
197. “Find a way to give to another person. Sometimes this helps take the focus off of you, and when you make a change in another person’s life, you’ll see the kind of person you want to be. Then those old ways of thinking and feeling won’t be as important.” – Anonymous
198. “Misery might love company, but so does joy. And joy throws much better parties.” – Billy Ivey
199. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” –Abraham Lincoln
200. “Don’t ever forget your dreams or what you want in life. Focus on reaching your last day where you can say to yourself, “I am so happy to live the life I lived.” – Anonymous
Positive Quotes FAQ’s
Having some positive quotes to remind yourself of daily are super helpful!
But I want to go beyond that and answer some common frequently asked questions on positive quotes and having a positive mindset. 😊
Oh, and if you’re not seeing your question here, then let me know in the comments, I’d be happy to answer!
1. What are 3 powerful motivational words?
If you’re looking for a good tool, motivational words are a great one to try!
These are words you can focus on if they’re apart of your core values, and you want to find a way to keep your values as apart of your main focus.
Here are 3 powerful motivational words you can use:
2. What’s the most powerful quote?
This one is going to be my own opinion, since this is subjective, but this is what I think is the most powerful quote to remember.
“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernhard Shaw
This is a great quote to help remind you that you should never give up on yourself or your dreams.
It is so worth it to keep on trying, then to give up on yourself entirely.
3. What are some unique quotes?
If you’re looking for some unique quotes that can be helpful and encouraging, then here are just a few. 😊
“Confidence is knowing who you are and not changing it a bit because of someone’s version of reality is not your reality.” ― Shannon L. Alder
“Each of us is a unique strand in the intricate web of life and here to make a contribution.” ― Deepak Chopra
I hope these quotes and answers helped make things in your life just a bit better.
I know how hard it can be to feel like nothing is working, but I promise you that when you use the right tools, it will get better. ♥️
And if you have any quotes on positivity that you want to share, then just let me know. I’d love to hear them!