This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of my links and make a purchase, I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Getting free stuff online is probably one of the most satisfying things out there.
This is why I’ve found some awesome tips that show you how to get free stuff online. I went through some great sources and picked the ones I thought would be the best for my readers.
So I hope you find these freebie tips helpful and let me know if you have any in the comments below!
Table of Contents
How to Get Free Stuff Online:
- How to Get Free Stuff on Wish
- How to Get Free Stuff on Amazon
- How to Get Free Stuff on eBay
- How to Get Free Stuff on Craigslist
- How to Get Free Stuff on Nextdoor
- How to Get Free Stuff on Facebook
- How to Get Free Stuff on Instagram
How to Get Free Clothes Online:
- How to Get Free Clothes from Shein
- How to Get Free Clothes from thredUP
- How to Get Free Clothes from ROMWE
- Clothe Swapping Sites
How to Get Free Books Online:
How to Get Free:
- Beauty Products
- Internet & Phone Service
- Credit Score Reports
- Stuff for Your Birthday Online
- Stuff with Coupons
- Stuff to Test
- Stuff via Surveys
- Samples Without Surveys
Do’s and Don’ts of Getting Free Stuff Online
How to Get Free Stuff Online:
How to Get Free Stuff on Wish
Ah…Wish. That kinda strange website where you can find all kinds of cheap products and even occasionally get things for absolutely free.
But how do you get anything for free on Wish? In short, a combination of luck, timing and knowing what you’re doing.
There are 3 ways to get free things on Wish:
Best way (only for Android users):
- Download the Wish app on an Android phone and make an account.
- Click the blue gift icon with the white ribbon tied around it. This is the “Daily Giveaway” page where they give away free items.
- Double-check to make sure it says the shipping cost is also free.
- It only opens for 15 minutes between 9pm-9:15pm every day (CST).
- When it opens keep hitting the “Current” button to reload the “Daily Giveaway” page.
- As you keep reloading the page, look out for a button that says “Claim”, when you see it, hit it really fast. Rinse and repeat as many times as you can.
- Again, double-check to make sure it says the shipping cost is free and, if it is, hit “Claim Your Giveaway”.
- Simply browse Wish.com either on your app or online and see if there are any free items on offer. (Try typing in “free” on the search bar.)
- If you find a free item, then try and find a free shipping code online and see if you can make the shipping free as well! (Find codes here or here.)
Slow snowball way:
- Refer a friend by clicking on “Earn $20” within the Wish app.
- You’ll be given a unique code you can give to friends that they can get 50% off when they sign up. (My code is vmwtxpt 😉)
- Submit your code to coupon websites or post it on comment threads on other websites so that others can benefit from the discount and so that you can earn more Wish credits for each person that uses it.
How to Get Free Stuff on Amazon
Ever found a product on Amazon that had no reviews and felt a bit uneasy buying it? Well, sellers hate this and desperately seek reviews from buyers.
The problem? Hardly anyone can be bothered leaving reviews.
That’s where a website called Snagshout comes into play.
Sellers on Amazon will post their products on Snagshout often around half price and sometimes even for free in exchange for you trying it out and leaving an honest review on Amazon.
Once you sign up, you’ll need to link your Amazon account to prove you actually shop on Amazon. Then start browsing and if you see something you like, click “snag it” and you’ll be given a coupon code to use on Amazon for the product.
You’ll still have to pay for shipping though, but some of the items can be shipped free if you’re an Amazon Prime member.
How to Get Free Stuff on eBay
Most “ways” you see online to get free stuff on eBay don’t work and are sometimes just pointless attempts to try and scam sellers.
If you want to get free stuff from eBay then you just have to use a bit of common sense and not expect to hack the system.
Here are 3 simple ways to do this:
Hunt for seller’s recently failed auctions. If the auction was selling something for dirt cheap (e.g. $1), they might have just been hoping to get rid of the item.
Message them and offer to pay for postage. You might just get the item for free!
To find recently failed auctions, use the advanced search feature, type in an item you want, and then make sure to tick these boxes before clicking Search:
- “Listings ending within 1 hour”
- “Show items priced from $0 to $5”
Wait for the auction to end and then contact the seller ASAP if they got no bids.
Ever really looked at the screen name of a seller on eBay or checked out their profile? Often times their name or profile will give away their hobbies and interests.
If you have stuff you don’t use related to their interests, why not message them asking if you could do a straight swap in return for what they’re selling that interests you?
Not only will you get rid of stuff you don’t need but you might get free items!
There are new sellers on eBay who are eager to start earning a good reputation so that they can start selling a lot more frequently or start selling high ticket items.
Some sellers will start auctions with the express purpose of giving away free items in exchange for a good review.
How to Get Free Stuff on Craigslist
Getting free stuff from Craigslist is simpler than on eBay and you can occasionally find goodwill sellers who’ll give away pretty awesome items for free.
- Head over to Craigslist and make sure your nearest location is selected.
- Click on the sub-heading “free” under the category heading “for sale”.
- Now you can search for whatever you’re looking for, though often the free options will be fairly limited.
How to Get Free Stuff on Nextdoor
Nextdoor is a free and private social network app. It helps neighbors to keep updated about what’s going on in the local community.
Sometimes you can find items nearby people are giving away or selling for cheap. You can also find garage sale deals near you. In general, I’d say you’re more likely to see free items on Nextdoor than items being sold for cash.
How to Get Free Stuff on Facebook
Facebook offers lots of ways to find free stuff online. Let’s breakdown each way:
The most obvious way to find free stuff on Facebook is to check out its Marketplace.
Sometimes people will post free items near you to pick up and collect. If they’re selling at a price, you have the option to message them and to try haggling for a lower price.
A lesser-known way to get free stuff from Facebook is to follow Pages that offer freebies and samples. Here are some Facebook Pages you can follow:
Like Facebook Pages but with more interaction, Facebook Groups are probably the most effective way of finding free stuff on Facebook.
People will often share coupons, codes, deals, and other ways to find free stuff they’ve just discovered so you can stay ahead of the curve!
Check out these groups:
- Freebies / Free stuff & Free samples
- Freebies, Sweeps & Instant Win Games
- Freebie Lady
- Free Stuff, Free Samples & Full Size, Freebies Online & by Mail
- Sweet Deals | Glitches | Freebies
- Totally free samples
- Yo! Free Samples & Saving Money
How to Get Free Stuff on Instagram
The consistent way:
Getting consistent free stuff from Instagram is all about building a following. Companies will give you free or discounted products in return for you posting a picture or video of it on your profile or story.
To achieve this you’ll need:
- At least 5,000 followers
- Hundreds of likes for each post
- An audience that matches their demographics
Branding your Instagram is essential. You must:
- Keep to a theme, niche and style
- Let your personality shine through consistently
- Engage with other peoples content that matches your niche
This takes time, but people can grow their Instagram following to 10,000 pretty fast when following some tips.
The pick n’ mix way:
Another way to get free stuff on Instagram is to simply to do a search using the hashtags #giveaways or #freegiveaways.
Instagram will show the most recent posts using these hashtags so any giveaways will likely still be active.
How to Get Free Clothes Online:
How to Get Free Clothes from SHEIN
SHEIN offers some steals in it’s flash sale and clearance section. And you can also find promo codes that can sometimes help bring the price down even more.
There are 2 known SHEIN hacks to help get free clothes:
- Leave reviews of SHEIN products you’ve purchased and collect bonus points that can be used to purchase free clothes! (If you add photos and your measurements you get extra points.)
- If you’re a fashion blogger you can get free clothes from SHEIN every month by emailing them and letting them know a bit about yourself and your audience. If you match their requirements you may be accepted!
How to Get Free Clothes from thredUP
thredUP sells second-hand clothing from bigger brands that are in excellent condition…Just check out their sale section to see how cheap some of it is!
There are 3 known ways to get free clothing from thredUP:
- When you invite a friend, they get $10 off their first purchase and you get $10 towards your next one.
- Sell used clothes to thredUP following their guide here and use the money earned to pay for new ones.
- Use the code “NEW20” to get 20% off as a new customer. (Find more codes here.)
- thredUP sell “rescue boxes” filled with lots of reject clothing in (usually) good condition that you can potentially re-sell. You can find gems but it’s completely random what you’ll receive.
How to Get Free Clothes from ROMWE
ROMWE is another site to get super cheap clothes. Check out their Lightning Deals to score some great deals.
There are 2 known a way to get free clothing from ROMWE:
- Earn bonus points (100 points equates to $1) which can be used to purchase free clothes. You get bonus points from reviewing products, referring friends and even logging in on the app!
- Becoming an affiliate and earning commissions that you can spend on clothes.
Clothe Swapping Sites
Websites like Rehash and Swapstyle will let you swap clothes online meaning you can keep your cash while still getting new clothes!
You can also get free clothes online using phone apps such as Poshmark or Depop by private messaging people and offering swaps.
While it isn’t free, another site to check out is Swap. It’s an online thrift store where you can buy second-hand clothes for up to 90% cheaper than retails brands. You can also sell items to Swap by following their instructions here.
How to Get Free Books Online:
How to Get Free Books on Kindle
Unbeknown to some, Amazon actually gives away some Kindle books for free.
- Click this link for Amazon’s top 100 free Kindle books.
- Click this link for all free Kindle books on Amazon.
- Click this link for a website that lists more free Kindle books on Amazon. (You can sign up to this site’s email list to receive free Kindle books each day to your inbox.)
Amazon offers a 30-day free trial to its Kindle Unlimited program that lets you borrow as many books as you want. You can cancel the free trial right away and still borrow books for the rest of your trial period.
Amazon also offers a free 30-day trial Prime membership that lets you borrow one Kindle book per month through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
How to Get Free Books on Audible
The free trial way:
Click here to get TWO free Audible books and begin a 30-day free trial which you can cancel anytime before any payment is made. You’ll get to keep the two audiobooks even after the trial has ended.
The search way:
If you’re already a member of Audible, another way is to simply type in on the search bar “free audio books” and hit enter. You’ll find quite a lot of free audiobooks!
How to Get Free Books on BookMooch
We all have books that we read once and never pick up again. If you’re looking for new books to read, why not swap out your collection for newer additions?
You can do this on BookMooch. This site, you can make your books new again by giving them out to someone who has never read them and getting ones in return you’ve never read.
How to Get Free Beauty Products:
Depending on your beauty and hair care regimen, you can get free products that’ll last you months. You just have to be flexible with what you use and not mind changing from one product to another.
Several companies are willing to send you free samples to make you choose their product.
Some of the websites where you can find free beauty product samples include:
- Tryspree (with Tryspree you can also sign up to get free samples automatically for free!)
- Allure Beauty Enthusiasts (you can sign up and fill out surveys to win freebies)
- Glamspotters (similar to the one above but you can also sign up to receive offers via email)
- Mr. Free Stuff
- Freebies on Reddit (then search “beauty” or “makeup” in the search bar)
- Free Makeup Samples (a Facebook group that lists free makeup samples)
How to Get Free Music Online:
If you don’t like the ads or premium services offered by YouTube or Spotify, there are other ways to get free music online legally.
Amazon offers thousands of free tracks that can be downloaded.
Free Music Archive offers free music too which can be legally used in your own work. (Just tick the box that says “Allows for use in a remix or video” when searching.)
Moreover, you can get free trials with Amazon Unlimited and Spotify Premium that you can cancel before being charged while still enjoying free music without ads for the remainder of your trial.
How to Get Free Furniture:
Furniture can be pricey but with sites like Freecycle and Craigslist, it’s possible to get a replacement for your old furniture conveniently. And sometimes you don’t even have to pay a dime!
If you’re in financial need you can also try and get a furniture voucher with the Salvation Army in exchange for a free piece of furniture. Just find out where your local one is and enquire whether they offer any vouchers.
You could also try doing a Google search with your city/location with the words “furniture bank” after it and see if there are any furniture banks nearby to check out.
Lastly, you could also check out the Facebook group “ALL free stuff” since people sometimes post free furniture you can pick up, or you could even enquire yourself to see if anyone is giving anything away near your city.
How to Get Free Internet and Phone Service:
With FreedomPop, you can get internet hotspots and cell phone plans for free. And with their designated SIM cards, you’re all set to use local WiFi hotspots for your regular calls, texting and data.
You’ll also enjoy membership benefits much more when you have some of your friends join FreedomPop. There are even partner offers that get you on free 4G LTE data once completed.
Sure, the free plan is a bit limited and people have reported some issues with calls dropping, but it’s totally free so…can’t really complain too much!
How to Get a Free Credit Score Report:
If you don’t know your financial standing when it comes to getting credit, you’ll never know how to improve it.
To get a free credit score report with no credit card required, use Experian.
How to Get Free Stuff for Your Birthday Online:
Did you know there are many ways to get free stuff online for your birthday? Let’s check some of them out.
Ulta gives you a free makeup gift on your birthday, whether that’s skin cream, eye shadow, or lipstick, etc.
Makeup isn’t cheap and neither is Ulta, so I thought this was an awesome deal!
If you register with Sephora (and accumulate 200 points), you can get free stuff online on your birthday; stuff like cleansers, perfumes, or makeup.
It’s part of their “Black Beauty Pass” offering, which you can learn more about here.
How to Get Free Stuff with Coupons:
While you can get discounts with coupons, you can also use them to get stuff totally free too!
Some coupons allow you to get free items alongside your purchases. In those cases, if there’s no size restriction on your coupon, feel free to get the smallest size of something and your coupon should cover it.
Other coupons can actually help you earn cash as well as getting free items. Places like Walmart will pay you an “overage” where, for example, if your coupon is $5 off a product and your item was only $2, you’ll get $3 back.
Finally, when shopping online make sure to download the Honey extension for your internet browser (click here for Google Chrome, click here for Firefox, click here for Internet Explorer) which will automatically apply coupon codes for you so you don’t accidentally miss out on deals while shopping online.
If you want to search for coupon codes online manually, then check out RetailMeNot or vouchercloud.
How to Get Free Stuff to Test:
For those residing in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia, you can sign up with Toluna and get paid in money and gift cards by testing products before they hit the shelf.
Influenster may give you free stuff for you to test out if you join their Influenster program.
You have to fill out a few surveys when completing your profile, but once that’s out of the way all you have to do is leave honest reviews when you test a product.
Apply to become a tester at Pinecone Research to have the chance to sample and test out products.
Surveys That Give You Free Stuff:
Here are 3 of the most popular sites that offer surveys in exchange for free stuff online:
An app that pays you for watching videos, browsing the internet, filling out surveys, downloading apps while also offering several money incentives for in-app activities such as sampling products.
(Did you know? Dollar Shave Club once gave away a $20 Amazon/PayPal gift card just for sampling one of their shaving kits on Swagbucks…what great samples might you find?)
Obtain free samples, come across products you may actually want, all while getting paid in the process!
Surveys are one of the biggest ways to get free stuff online and Survey Junkie allows you to…wait for it…fill out surveys!
Earn gift cards and the occasional cash to your Paypal too.
How to Get Real Free Samples Without Surveys:
I love sites that give you samples without any strings (read surveys) attached.
Whatever sample you’re looking for, these sites have you covered:
My Free Product Samples
A great place to find free samples without having to take surveys to get them. It’s updated regularly and contains all kinds of samples, coupons and deals worth checking out!
Internet Steal and Deals
The Freebie Lady over at Internet Steals and Deals scours the internet to find free samples and deals.
Totally Free Stuff
Another great place to get free stuff online or to find things dramatically reduced down, and it also offers daily updates of free stuff.
(I enjoyed checking out their“Babies & Infants” category—check it out if you’re on the lookout for free stuff online for babies.)
Sample A Day
Nick & Scott over at Sample A Day have created this helpful website as an easy way to get free samples by mail with no surveys and no catch. It also features free samples from Canada, Australia, and the UK too.
Sample products, coupons and sweepstake entries here. You can also sign up for email alerts that’ll inform you about the latest free samples as they come.
Free Stuff carries all kinds of free samples from new brands as well as from some brands you’ll already know.
Do’s and Don’ts of Getting Free Stuff Online
✓ Do use your rewards credit card (if you have one.)
✓ Do check manufacturer’s sites before general freebie sites if you’re looking for specific things.
✓ Do inspect the URL before clicking to minimize virus or scam risks.
✓ Do turn off auto-renewals immediately when you sign up for free trials.
✘ Don’t ever provide your social security number or credit card info.
✘ Don’t waste your time if the process is too complicated.
✘ Don’t give your primary email address.
✘ Don’t be caught out by high shipping fees.
Knowing how to get free stuff online can save you a lot of money, so I hope you found these tips useful.
If you have any more tips on finding free items online, please feel free to share them in the comments below!
And finally, if you’re looking to make some quick money, check out our post on making $100 per day.
Join my EXCLUSIVE email list for money saving and making hacks!
Here I'll give you some of the best tips and hacks I have for making and saving money.
So whether you want to increase your income, get out of debt, or just some simple saving tips, I've got you covered!
7 thoughts on “How to Get Free Stuff Online with No Caveats”
This web site truly has all the information and facts
I needed concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.
I really like it when people get together and share thoughts.
Great site, stick with it!
An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this.
And he in fact ordered me dinner due to the fact that I stumbled upon it for him…
lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending time to discuss this subject here on your site.
haha! That’s awesome! Well I’m glad you got a free meal out of this. 🙂
The first site you mentioned snagshout. I use a similar site that lets me review products from Amazon for free or at a discounted price. It is called Amazon Review Trader. https://www.amzreviewtrader.com/
Thanks so much for this tip Brooke! 🙂