It’s Monday morning, and over the weekend you got groceries, ran something to the post office, cleaned an entire sink full of dishes, walked the dog, ate some bad takeout, and forgot that you had needs.
So let’s change that. 🙂
I am a very strong supporter of the belief that you deserve to take care of yourself. In fact, I did an entire 30-day self-care challenge + made a free 90+ page Self-Care Planner (Discount Code: LOVEYOURSELF) just to prove that point!
But if you want some quick and easy ways to take care of yourself this week, then below are some nice simple ideas just for you. ❤️
What are some of your favorite ways you like to take care of yourself? Let me know in the comments down below!
Grab a Journal and Make it Your Personal Positive Space
I think journals are great, but I also know that they can get cluttered with random notes and the occasional frustrated/angry rant about how things aren’t working out.
And I’m not saying that you can’t use your journals for that! What I am saying is that you should dedicate one journal to being an intentional positive space.
Here’s what I mean. I want you to find a journal, a new or a blank one you haven’t used yet, and dedicate it to being a place that lifts you up.
Make it a place where you write down:
- Positive affirmations.
- Things you’re grateful for.
- New thoughts you want to have about yourself.
- Things that made your day.
- Ways you want to see yourself differently.
- Solutions to things that frustrate or stress you out.
- New habits you want to form.
- A checklist of ways you want to take care of yourself.
- Letters to your future self.
- Things you found beautiful.
- Hopeful and positive words about your future and what you’re going through.
- Notes on bad things (or people) you should take out of your life, and what good things (or people) you should bring in.
This is a place to lift yourself up and get yourself into the right head space + move toward a better you. 💕
Do One Thing This Week that Brings You Joy
It doesn’t have to be big, it just has to make you happy.
You spend so much time doing things to make other people feel good or taken care of. And while that’s not a bad thing, you’re also a person and you also deserve the same treatment. ❤️
So, what makes you happy? What would bring YOU joy.
Here are some ideas:
- Have a simple (or not so simple) picnic alone or with some friends.
- Buy that book you’ve been wanting and read it.
- Go see that movie you’ve been wanting to see.
- Try out that new cafe that looks really good.
- Take a nap.
- Do a simple at-home spa day.
- Go out to eat with a friend.
- Splurge a little at Trader Joe’s (or whatever grocery store you like).
- Do an outing at a nature preserve.
- Make your favorite meal (or get your favorite takeout) and watch your favorite movie.
- Have a sleepover with a good friend.
There are so many things you can do! 🙂
Take One Small Space & Organize It – Then Take Joy in Using It
This is for you.
I know that cleaning and organizing doesn’t sound fun, but I promise you, this will make you feel so much better.
Take a small simple space that you want to see clean and organized. This could be your favorite lounging area, a desk space, a sunroom, etc.
This is YOUR space. A place for you to do you things.
Make it a place that you like to be in and that makes you feel relaxed. Then do something in this space that makes you feel good after the organizing and cleaning. Message friends, read a book, drink a cup of coffee, or write in your planner. It’s up to you.
Grab a Hot Cup of Something and Just Relax
I don’t care if it’s coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
And I don’t care if you made it yourself or you went to a cafe to get it.
Just get one, and do it for yourself. Not for the coworkers in your office, but for you.
Then just simply sit back and relax. Read a book in a cozy space, just let your mind wander, or even share a drink with a friend.
Again, it’s up to you how you want to do this, but just make sure you’re actually enjoying yourself.
Also, I think it’s a great way of showing yourself some love.
It’s wonderful when others get us flowers, but it’s also great when we’re practicing self-love and showing ourselves that we’re important too.
And you ARE important. So why not show that to yourself and get some flowers at the store or at a nearby flower market? 🌸🌺🌸
Chasing Foxes was started in 2016 as a way for Grace and her husband, Silas, to start traveling. However, they started to realize that they had a passion for improving themselves, and wanted to help others level up their lives as well. So whether it's with cooking, travel, or staying healthy, they want to help you better your life bit by bit, as they do the same.