I think we kind of need some activities and things to do that aren’t drinking on the weekend.
It feels like that’s been the go-to for so many people for a pretty long time. But then I remember at some point in the last decade, starting to see this trend pop up about how someone’s version of getting lit was staying home on a Friday night with a cup of tea and reading a book.
And I kind of love it.
The idea that you can find things that take care of you and make you feel good without having to spend a lot of money while out.
So here’s a simple list of sober activities you can do this weekend instead of buying drinks. 🙂
1. If you want to still try something fun to drink this weekend, then this mocktail recipe is probably the perfect thing to be drinking while watching a movie.
2. Go solo or grab a friend and camp out in either of your backyards. Get some super simple (or not so simple) snacks and drinks from Trader Joe’s, order a pizza, get your sleeping bags, put up a makeshift tent, and you’re all set.
Also, as a non-alcoholic option, if you do go with Trader Joe’s, you might like sparkling lemonade. Maybe pair it with some mint?
3. Look for a new restaurant opening, and if it works with your budget, then head out by yourself or with another person. See if you like it!
4. Look up a Starbucks drink recipe and try it at home. This Starbucks Copycat Cinnamon Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew honestly looks pretty good. 👌
5. Do a movie marathon for one of your favorite series or a series that’s been on your movie watch bucket list. Or a movie marathon of movies made by a specific creator. I’d suggest doing some Stephen Chow movies, they’re perfect. 👍
And that’s it. You don’t have to do something super complicated or expensive, just find a way to have fun and relax.
PS – What’s one of your favorite things to do on the weekend that isn’t drinking?