First off I want to say that when I made this, I didn’t know how amazing they were going to be.
I knew they’d be great, I just didn’t know how great.
Now when I see recipes like this, I usually see bacon wrapped inside of the cinnamon rolls, and that was going to be my initial way of making them. But I thought I’d try something a little different and wrap them in candied bacon instead.
The result: Soft cinnamon goodness surrounded by popping bacon grease. The rolls soaked in the juices and made for a mouthwatering flavor.
And one of the best parts about this recipe? It was too easy to make
The only things you need are bacon, brown sugar, and pre-made cinnamon rolls (which come with its own icing). That last part is optional, but what could taste better than bacon and brown sugar?
And it goes great with a cup of espresso.
- Pre made cinnamon rolls
- 8 slices of bacon (depends on how many rolls are in the container)
- brown sugar for candied bacon and topping
- Preheat oven up to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon on medium heat for 2 minutes and then top with brown sugar. Lower heat, flip bacon, and top with another layer of brown sugar.
- Take off heat and set aside.
- Open up the container and take out each individual roll and wrap a candied bacon strip all around the side of it.
- Place the rolls 1-2 inches apart (for faster cooking) in a glass baking dish or a metal sheet. No need to grease the pans as the bacon will do that for you.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out with mild caution. The bacon grease will be slightly popping. I haven’t had it get on me or fly out for that matter, but it is something to be aware of when taking it out of the oven slowly.
- Place on cool plate while heating up icing in microwave for 15-20 seconds. Then drizzle the icing over the rolls and sprinkle some brown sugar over top.
- Enjoy this crazy foodie goodness.
Join my Delicious Food & Drinks FB Group!