7 4-Minute Thigh and Glute Exercises
Toning the glutes and thighs can be a bit of a problem for most women. But thankfully there are some great exercises out there that will help us tone our legs and keep them looking smooth.
So if you want to get in shape before summer comes along, then definitely try these exercises out.
The Hip-Lift Progression
This is a good one for just warming things up with. Here’s how you do it:
- Lie down on your back and keep your knees bent with feet flat on the ground. Place your hands down.
- Slowly, start to raise your hips towards the ceiling. Hold it up for just a second while squeezing your glutes and your hamstrings, and lower your hips back to the ground.
- Repeat this motion for 60 seconds and do this slowly. Just make sure to not arch your back
- Do a set of 4.
These are a little harder and require a bit more strength, so you want to make sure to breathe as you go.
- Lie on your stomach with your hands under your chin. Keep your knees wide apart.
- Don’t move your spine, but bend your legs back and bring your feet together.
- Begin slowly raising your thighs to the ceiling. Just be sure to focus on the thighs so you don’t hurt your back or pull a muscle.
- Do 5 sets of 15, and then stretch afterwards.
Sound scary? This exercise also requires quite a bit of balance and a lot of concentration.
- Start by lifting your right foot behind you and bending your right knee so that it’s parallel to the floor.
- Bend forward at your hips and start lower yourself by bending your left knee, like a squat. Just remember to stay focused and keep your balance.
- Stand back up.
- Try doing 5 sets of 10 on each leg.
Now we’re getting back to easy! Just lay down on your side and you’re halfway there.
- Start by lying on the left side of your body.
- Keep your feet together as you begin to lift your right leg up by the knee. Don’t allow your pelvis to move.
- Repeat for 5 sets of 15.
- Once done on the left side, switch to lying on your right side, and start with the left leg.
Front One-Legged Squats
This one requires a short platform to stand on so that you can perform the squat.
- Start by standing on your right leg and holding your left foot just off the platform.
- Begin bending your right knee until your left toes touch the ground.
- Straighten your knee again so that your foot raises off the ground.
- Do 2 sets of 12 repetitions on each leg.
This is slightly similar to the Grasshopper Lift.
- Begin with your hands and knees on the floor. Keep your back straight and try to prevent it from arching.
- Begin to raise your right knee behind you, keeping it at a 90 degree angle. Slowly lower it back down and do the same with your left leg.
- Alternate legs and lift each one as directed 50 times.
- Start out with your hands and knees on the floor. Keep your spine unmoving and straight to avoid injury.
- Start with your right leg, and slowly lift it to the side until the inside of your thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Lower your knee and return it to its original position.
- Do 3 sets of 15 for your right and left leg.
We all want to look great in our glutes and thighs (especially before summer comes!), and thankfully there are some great exercises that will help us do just that. So try these out and let me know what you think!