Beyond Delicious and Easy Mango Curry Chicken
It was a rainy cold day in Querétaro, Mexico…so you know what that means? It means cozy savory food time!
My husband and I have been traveling in Mexico for the past 3 months and it’s been great, but there’s nothing like Querétaro. It has perfect Fall weather and that means steamy mokas, warm baked goods, and hot food.
Now mind you, I’ve been on an Indian food drive for awhile, so I couldn’t help but share one of my favorite Indian recipes with you. It’s creamy, rich, and I-will-inhale-you-in-less-than-a-second good.
Oh, and did I mention it’s easy? Yeah, it’s easy. All you have to do is cut up some red bell peppers, potatoes, and chicken, cook well, add some spices, coconut milk, chicken broth, and do not forget to add the mango chutney. Sorry, I think that might have been a run-on sentence.
But if you’re looking for a recipe to impress your friends and family with, or you want to eat it all by yourself (don’t worry, I’m not judging), then this…is it.
Now Indian mango chutney is pretty easy to find. You have a few choices; you can go to your local grocery store and see if they have it in their ethnic isle, a local Asian grocery store, or…just be lazy and buy it on Amazon. No sense in driving all the way to the store (unless you’re already going), just to find that they don’t have it.
If you’re worried that it might be too spicy, just check the heat level. Sometimes they’ll have the image of a pepper to symbolize how hot it is. So for instance, one pepper = mild, two peppers = medium, and three peppers = hot. I think you get the drill.
Now I would normally recommend a brand, however, I get my mango chutney from a local Indian restaurant that I frequent a little too often (pretty sure the waiter there is getting tired of me). So either go with whoever has the prettiest label or check out reviews online.
How can you resist making this?
So satisfy your cravings for cozy hot food on a cold day and if you have any questions about this recipe, feel free to let me know in the comments down below! I’d love to help you out!
Written from Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico.
Mango Curry Chicken
A cozy and savory Indian mango chicken curry that’s uncomplicated and delicious.
Serves 2 People
- 1 Ib. Chicken
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 C Coconut Milk
- 1 C Chicken Broth
- 1 Jar of Mango Curry
- 2-3 tsp. Curry Powder
- 2-3 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2-3 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1-2 C Uncooked Basmati Rice (optional)
- Heat up a large pan over medium heat, dice potatoes, and cook until soft.
- Once potatoes have almost finished cooking, toss in bell pepper slices. Cook until bell pepper is soft.
- Add in thinly cut, long strips of chicken (or diced if preferred).
- Once fully cooked, stir in the curry powder, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.
- As soon as it’s fully mixed through, add in the coconut milk and chicken broth.
- When the liquid mixture has been heated thoroughly, add the mango curry and stir.
- Continue stirring for 5 minutes or until mango curry mixture has thickened.
- Serve with hot basmati rice and enjoy!